Garbage Disposal Repair and Replacement In Arlington Heights
We Have New Food Waste Disposers In Stock
Garbage Disposal Repair and New Disposal Installation Services
If you're in the Palatine, Des Plains, Hinsdale, or surrounding areas and require garbage disposal repairs or installation, our technicians at Dahme Mechanical Industries are ready to answer your questions and find the correct solution for you. You may not realize how much you use your disposal until it's not an option anymore. At Dahme, we're here to help with all your garbage disposal needs.
Signs That You Need To Repair or Replace Your Garbage Disposal
Garbage disposals can last for years if used correctly. You should watch out for the following signs when using your garbage disposal, as they may indicate that a repair or replacement is necessary:
- Clogs: Water that won't drain or a humming sound when you turn on your disposal may indicate that you have a clog. It's best to contact a professional to unclog it to make sure that you don't cause any damage to the internal structure.
- Jams: You may have a jam if you cannot power on your garbage disposal. Licensed professionals, such as our team at Dahme Mechanical Industries, should be able to clear the blockage and reset the disposal to get everything working correctly again.
- Leaks: If you have a leak, you'll most likely need a new unit, as the cost to repair would be close to or the same as a new garbage disposal.
If you're experiencing any of these issues and want to discuss them with a professional, give us a call today, and one of our technicians would be glad to help.
How Can a Garbage Disposal Benefit Me?
If you've never had a garbage disposal before and are considering installing one in your home, you may wonder what it can do for you. Without a garbage disposal, you might be missing out on a lot depending on how much you use your kitchen. Garbage disposals can help you in the following ways:
- Reduce clogs: They reduce clogged drains by breaking the food into smaller pieces that can easily flow down the drains.
- Simplify cleanup: They make cleanup and cooking easier with fewer trips to the garbage. There's no more taking plates to the trash to scrape them after they're in the sink, so cleaning up after cooking becomes much simpler.
- Improve your kitchen: Your kitchen may be cleaner and smell better since there won't be as many scraps in the trash can, which can lead to lingering odors.
If these sound like benefits that you'd be interested in, contact Dahme Mechanical Industries today. Only an experienced technician can ensure that your garbage disposal is safely and correctly installed, and our team is here for you whenever you need us.
Do's and Don'ts When Using a Garbage Disposal
Using a garbage disposal is relatively easy, but there are several things that you can do to keep it running smoothly for longer. Here's a list of do's and don'ts that you can follow to maintain your new garbage disposal from Dahme Mechanical Industries:
- Do ensure that your garbage disposal is turned on for at least a few seconds daily.
- Do run water before, during, and after you've finished running the disposal.
- Do add your scraps in slowly so that they process more efficiently.
- Don't add pitted fruit, bones, fibrous vegetables, or starches to your garbage disposal. These may cause clogs or put a strain on the equipment, which can lead to repairs or replacement.
- Don't pour grease down your garbage disposal.
How Long Do Garbage Disposals Last?
If properly taken care of, a garbage disposal can help to keep your kitchen clean for up to 10 years. After this time, you may experience some of the signs mentioned above. You may also see poor performance, such as excessive time to break food down, or start to experience clogs more frequently. If you currently have a garbage disposal that's been running for close to 10 years, you may want to ask for a quote on a new unit.
We're proud to offer our customers the InSinkErator (ISE) series of food waste disposers or garbage disposals at Dahme Mechanical Industries. We know that the kitchen is the heart of a home, where you can create memories that last a lifetime. These garbage disposals complement any kitchen and do a great job at keeping scraps out of the trash and reducing kitchen odors. They also help to reduce the amount of waste that's taken to landfills.
We offer several variations of the InSinkErator disposals for every budget and household. The Standard Series is perfect for the everyday household, while the Power Series provides advanced performance and increased horsepower. There's also the Quiet Series, which is the most popular model. You can use your garbage disposal without waking up the entire house. To discuss your options in-depth, contact Dahme Mechanical Industries today.
Who We Are
Dahme Mechanical Industries specializes in residential and commercial HVAC and plumbing services in the Chicagoland and Arlington Heights areas. Our mechanical contractor business is family owned and has been operating since the 1960s. We're proud to offer our community options for repairs, replacements, and new installation services for all their plumbing and HVAC needs.
Our mission is to provide the families and businesses that we serve with safe, up-to-date work. We take care of all the details of our industrial applications so that you don't have to worry about them. Our team only uses state-of-the-art equipment and has the latest knowledge to provide our customers with the best service possible.
Contact Dahme Mechanical Industries Inc. Today for Help
If you require help with your garbage disposal or need a new one installed, contact our team of professionals at Dahme Mechanical Industries today for assistance. We know that a garbage disposal can be essential when using your kitchen and that working without one can be inconvenient. We're happy to help if you're in the Des Plaines, Hinsdale, Palatine, or surrounding communities and can replace your garbage disposal or install a new one to help your kitchen function like you're used to as soon as possible. Give us a call today at 847-396-9836.